Today’s diets are depleted of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and other nutrients due to the decreasing quality of our food supply and busy lifestyles. Combining a healthy diet and dietary supplements is the best approach to achieve optimal levels of essential nutrients.
Multiple factors have contributed to food quality changes in the past 20 years:
- Fruits and vegetables have been modified and genetically selected for shelf life and high yield.
- The fertilization quality of the soil has altered the composition of plants.
- The increased levels of CO2 in the atmosphere, due to pollution, have also decreased the level of minerals found in our plants.
- Our farming practices have changed, with the addition of regular hormone or antibiotic treatments given to animals. This has lead to lower levels of critical nutrients within our meat supply.
- Chemical residues from industrial waste and contamination pollute the land, water and food supply.
Unlike foods, high quality nutritional supplements have the benefit of providing consistent levels of vitamins and minerals. The Journal of the American Medical Association now suggests all adults take a daily multivitamin.
But be cautious! THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES IN QUALITY AND FORMULATION WITHIN SUPPLEMENTS! Even products, whose supplement facts boxes look the same when compared, can be miles apart in their actual effectiveness.
- We choose to carry supplements that are made from the highest grade ingredients and in the most bio-available forms (meaning, your body is actually absorbing the ingredients and the nutrients will make it to your bloodstream!).
- We have products designed for even the most chemically sensitive individuals that are free of allergens, binders, fillers, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, starch, sugar, preservatives, artificial colors, artificial flavors, soy or dairy.
- We offer physician-strength products that are consistent with clinical studies and clinical experience.
- We bring to you GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) Certified supplements that are manufactured according to the highest standards. The third-party certification program includes inspections of dietary supplement manufacturing facilities to determine whether specified performance standards on a number of measures—including quality control, cleanliness, receiving and testing of raw materials—are being met.
- We carry hard to find supplement, also!
Make an appointment today with our pharmacist for a Wellness Consultation to discuss all of your supplement needs!