Magnesium Glycinate: Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Magnesium Important?
- Helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function
- Keeps heart rhythm steady
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Keeps bones strong
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Promotes normal blood pressure
- Important for energy metabolism and protein synthesis
- Needed for hundreds of biochemical reactions in the body
- Have been shown to lower LDL cholesterol and raise HDL levels.
Why Use Magnesium Glycinate Instead of Other Forms of Magnesium?
Magnesium glycinate is easier on the bowel. Other forms of magnesium tend to be mor disruptive to the bowel. Magnesium oxide tends to firm stools (leading to constipation), whereas the citrate, sulphate, and chloride forms tend to loosen the stools (diarrhea). Magnesium glycinate is highly absorbable. It is absorbed better than other forms of magnesium, up to 5 times more than magnesium oxide!
Who Needs Magnesium Glycinate?
Everybody can benefit from magnesium glycinate. ( Children ages 8 and under consult with your physician or pharmacist)
Adults with higher dietary intakes of magnesium have a lower risk of developing high blood pressure. Diets rich in magnesium are routinely prescribed to people with hypertension. Low intakes of magnesium are associated with metabolic syndrome.
Insomnia and Restless legs:
Magnesium has been shown to reduce surgery-related insomnia, and improve sleep in individuals suffering from restless leg syndrome. It plays a key role in helping regulate the the “biological clock”.
Who should not take Magnesium?
Certain individuals should not take magnesium supplements:
- People with kidney disease or severe heart disease
- Individuals taking magnesium- containing antacids and laxatives (which could lead to excessive magnesium consumption)
- Tetracycline users
Any Questions come on in or give us a call! Order a bottle from our online store!